High Calcium Sesame Seed and Fig Milk
- 1 cup / 130g Sesame seeds
- 3 cups / 700ml Water
- 3 or 4 Turkish or Black Mission Figs (soak in water overnight)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- a pinch of Salt
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend them till totally smooth.
2. Lay a double layer of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag over the mouth of a large mason jar or another large container into which you can strain the liquid. Hold the cheesecloth or nut milk bag in place with a rubber band by slipping the rubber band over the cloth, and around the mouth of the container.
3. Pour the nut milk through the cheesecloth or nut milk bag, and into the container. You may need to work in batches. Allow it to strain for 1-2 hours. You can compost or save the pulp for a raw recipe, or discard it. Transfer the seed milk to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.