How to Make a Hot Tea with Fresh Ginger
Here is a simple recipe for fresh ginger tea:
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Place the sliced ginger in a saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat and let the ginger steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup and add honey and/or lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Enjoy the tea while it is still warm.
Ginger has a number of health benefits and is commonly used as a natural remedy for digestive issues, nausea, and inflammation. It has also been shown to have a calming effect on the body and can help relieve stress and promote relaxation. Drinking ginger tea can also help boost the immune system, relieve headaches and muscle pain, and improve circulation.
- Maria Dormer