Smoked Paprika & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
This dip is versatile and can be eaten with other veggie chips and crackers as well. You could even substitute this dip as a 'vegan mayonnaise' on sandwiches & wraps!
Ingredients: Yields 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups diced zucchini, peeled (2 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- If the dried tomatoes that you are very dry and tough, rehydrate in enough hot water to cover them. Allow them to soak for 15 minutes. Once done soaking, drain the soak water and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, combine the zucchini, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, and salt. Process until smooth.
- While the machine is running, drizzle the olive oil in through the chute. Process just until everything is well incorporated.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle a pinch of paprika on top before serving. Keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge.