Asian Black Bean Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 medium carrots chopped
1 medium bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
1 cup tomato puree
4 cups vegetable stock
3 cups cooked black turtle beans
3 tsp. Zura Mushroom
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
optional: (add 1 cup cooked volcano rice.)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the bell pepper, carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree, black beans and stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 mins.
5. Add Zura Mushroom powder blend and stir to blend.
5. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Helen Rose