Raw, Organic Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Organic Cayenne Pepper Powder
Celtic Sea Salt
Spicy Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Raw Spicy Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Soak raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in warm filtered water with sea salt and cayenne pepper for 6-8 hrs.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your personal preference.
- Drain & spread in a single layer on a dehydrator tray.
- Dry at no more than 150 degrees until crisp.
- We set the dehydrator on 145 degrees and it took about 6 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Spread pumpkin seeds onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in one even layer. If you need to move to a second baking sheet, do so.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the pumpkin seeds are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely (pumpkin seeds will crisp up as they cool).
Tip: These are great on salads or mixed in with other nuts & seeds in your favorite trail mix!
- Tags: pumpkin seeds Spicy Pepitas
- Helen Rose